Get a Job! Fashion Gig Tipsheet August 2010
“Living in Alabama and telling someone you want to pursue a career in fashion is like telling your parents that you’re planning your financial future around winning the Florida lottery. They just look at each other and sigh”.
The above cute quip from DailyFashionJobs.com contributor Mary Caitlin Ward. Read the rest of her charming article about breaking into the fashion biz despite small town roots here. *Caveat: Ward hasn’t actually “broken” into the industry just yet (she’s a student), but she’s a great writer and has sound advice beyond her years.
AS ALWAYS, CHECK BACK THROUGH THE MONTH FOR UPDATES.
Senior Account Executive – Ports 1961
Location: New York Showroom
Type: Full Time / Freelance
Duration: Longterm / Market Season
Criteria: 3-5 years with luxury womenswear
Candidates must have proven relationships with luxury depart store and specialty store buyers. Compensation based on experience.
Full Time and freelance positions available.
APPLY at Ports1961.com
VISUAL MERCHANDISING OPERATIONS MANAGER – Eddie Bauer
Location – Bellevue, WA
PURPOSE: Oversee Visual Merchandising Operations including
production, calendars, and budget assuring that floor-sets and
directive are delivered on time, within budget and with
* Oversee annual Floor Set Production calendar and budget,
assuring that floor-sets are delivered on time, within
budget and with flawless execution
* Partner directly with DVP to orchestrate departmental
* Partner with Field Brand Merchandisers to ensure consistency
of visual merchandising strategies and tactical execution
* Coordinate departmental workflow and assist DVP in
maintaining high level of communication between field and
corporate teams, as well as Operations Assistant
* Source vendors and set up vendor accounts
* Source props for use in visual presentations with guidance
from Director of Visual Merchandising
* Manage all fixture and prop distribution lists
* Ensure effective communication to stores for all fixture and
Senior Graphic Designer – Lucky Brand Jeans
Location – Vernon, CA
– BA/BFA in graphic design/ design preferred
– Minimum 5 years of graphic/apparel design experience
– Proficient in Adobe computer design programs.(MAC, Photoshop,
and Illustrator skills with the ability to work off of the
– Advanced design related degree
– Knowledge of imprinted apparel business including screen
print techniques, embellishments, appliqués, and embroidery.
– Fundamental knowledge of colors, composition, typography.
– Ability to visually translate ideas into a final product.
MUST BE ABLE TO ILLUSTRATE BY HAND!!!
Patternmaker needed for Laundry by Shelli Segal.
Location – Los Angeles, CA
Must have draping experience. Must have experience with dresses.
• 5-7 years experience
• Computer skills
• Photoshop and Illustrator
Submit your online profile directly to Perry Ellis
International through www.StyleCareers.com or send your resume
with salary requirements directly to:
* Include JOB CODE/ JOB TITLE on all correspondence. *
Brand Manager – ASOS.com
Location – North London
• Constructing stand out campaigns that inspire ASOS customers.
• Campaign management responsibility encompassing brand activity, major new product launches, support and development of our family of ASOS own label lines and product and retail focussed priorities.
• Enhancing our share of voice through a network of intelligent, brand relevant partnership activity including paid sponsorship, strategic partnerships and collaborations with other brand and content partners.
• Pro-actively identifying, negotiating and managing these relationships from concept through to implementation.
• Managing and developing a team of two.
• Budget management.
For more info and to apply go to the company’s Website here.
Website Editor at Burberry
This role will be critical in the distribution of assets to all relevant areas, a key focus being the asset management relating to the new e-commerce site being launched in September.
You will be responsible for the daily review of all pages on the site and will edit as per the fortnightly calendar that you will agree with Marketing and Creative teams.
The ideal candidate will have:
* An understanding of user experience in e-commerce
* Experience working with digital assets
* Experience working with Social Media
* Ability to adapt their working style to build effective relationships with different cultures within a global business
* Ability to work in a pressurised environment for a fast growing business
* Attention to detail
* Positive attitude
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to manage a number of projects at one time
For more info or to apply, visit the company’s Website here.
More from my site
2 Responses to “Get a Job! Fashion Gig Tipsheet August 2010”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.